Re: Oracle WebDB

From: M. Oberly <mao_at_dde.dk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:51:25 +0200

I have been working with WebDB Beta and now with 2.0.5.6.1 with the patch to make it 2.0.5.7.1. I have found the following problems so far:

  1. Installation of new bersions wipes out all connections to the objects you have built. Although you build the objects themselves in a separate schema, not in the WebDB schema, WebDB maintains data about the objects in its own tables, which are wiped out by upgrades. There is to my knowledge no version migration procedure.
  2. In the Frame Driver editing pages, the first page where you enter the SQL to create the SQL Query for Frame Driver allows up to 227 characters in the Select statement. Since you will probably have to generate a long URL string for WebDB to use to load the Form that the Frame Driver is to control, as well as create a possibly rather lengthy clickable display string for the user to choose, the 227 byte limit is not enough.
  3. Export of created objects creates a Sqlplus script that you can save to a text file and then provide as input to Sqlplus. The script must sometimes be manually split up and run in parts to avoid errors from Sqlplus.

I hope this info is of help.

Mark