Re: possible writing a own ORACLE package in C

From: Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:47:23 GMT

Bruno,
[Quoted]   yes, you can implement a function or procedure (which can be    in a package) as an external library (C, JAVA, etc)

  I think it was introducde in 8.0.x, please see the manual    for exact syntax.

Regards
Dante

In article <37450DC3.DB4E5E4E_at_ctp.com>,   Bruno Plankensteiner <bplank_at_ctp.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to write a own Oracle package in C and using it from
> another PL-SQL program? Do you know of samples of writing a own C
> package in Oracle.
>
> The reason is: since there is a limitation of the UTL_FILE package to
> write more than 1023 characters into one line I have to find a
> workaround.
>
> Is possible to have the source code of the UTL_FILE package and modify
> this strange range of 1023 characters.
>
> Regards
> Bruno

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Fri May 21 1999 - 10:47:23 CEST