CASE - INSENSITIVE PARAMETER SEARCHES

From: <webmaster_at_edgetech.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:17:15 GMT

I have set up a parameter search to return a report of client names and account numbers. I am trying to enhance this by allowing the following:
  1. Case insensitive searches - Obviously no one will remember exactly how the client name was typed in and we need to be able to type in all lower case, mixed case, upper case or whatever and have it return the correct values.
  2. Search on single word or letters to bring up all client names with that information. (i.e. If I had a client called Joe Bob's Gas Station and I simply searched for Joe I want it to bring up the Joe Bob's Gas Station record)

I am using WebDB against an Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Database to perform these tasks.

The parameter search is based on a report simply called CLIENT_REPORT

You can reach me by e-mail at webmaster_at_edgetech.net

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 17 1999 - 17:17:15 CEST

Original text of this message