Forms 4.5 - GO_FORM and OPEN_FORM

From: jg <jg_at_id.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 06:10:12 -0700

[Quoted] I have 2 forms and added a button to navigate from one form to the other to go to the 2nd form. If the 2nd form is already open, I navigate to it using [Quoted] GO_FORM and when it's not already open, I open it using OPEN_FORM. When going to the second form I am also passing a global variable and executing a [Quoted] query to display the record matching the global variable. The problem I have is that when the 2nd form is already open I get a message saying "This function cannot be performed here". This seems to happen because of the EXECUTE_QUERY built-in I used in the WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger on the 2nd form but not sure. Here is an example of my code and the various triggers. If you know of another way to do this I would also welcome your suggestions:

1st Form:

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED TRIGGER:
:global.id := :emp_id;

    IF ID_NULL(FIND_FORM('modulename')) THEN

            OPEN_FORM('filename');
    ELSE
            GO_FORM('modulename');
    END IF: 2nd Form:

PRE-QUERY TRIGGER (block level)

:item := :global.id;

WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED     EXECUTE-QUERY; Thanks!

J.G.

Please reply to touine_at_hotmail.com Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 15:10:12 CEST

Original text of this message