Re: Input box in oracle forms

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 8 May 1999 19:27:05 GMT

In article <37332BB2.86A7607B_at_pilot.msu.edu>, Scott Haley <haleysco_at_pilot.msu.edu> wrote:
>I have a loop and each time through the loop the user needs to enter a
>number value that will be used in a SQL statement. Is there a such
>thing as an input box in Forms? In visual basic it would just be as
>follows:
>number = inputbox("please enter a number")
>
>is there a similar way to do this in Forms, without having to create
>another form and opening and closing it repeatedly?

No. Forms does not work in such an interactive mode.

You could create a multi-row block and the user could enter all values in multiple records in the block, and your process could loop through the block.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 21:27:05 CEST

Original text of this message