Reports conversion problem

From: Dyrson Rodrigues Alves Junior <dyrson_at_casasoft.com.br>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:55:18 -0400

I need to migrate some unix Reports (version 1) to Reports 3.0 in a Windows environment.
I used the r25mov32 migration tool to generate the new printer definition files and the reports.
I have trouble with one printdef file (or maybe the problem is in the report itself - but I don“t think it“s the case). The original printdef file is like this

FF|CHRONOS|CHRONOS:\
:ap:\
:co#264:li#66:\
:cr=^M:\
:ff=^L:\
:nl=^J:\
:se=\EF:\
:so=\EE:\
:ue=\E-\000:\
:us=\E-\001:\
:001=\ :\
:002=\”:\
:003=\¢:\
:004=\£:\
:005=\¤:\
:006=\°:\
:007=\E:\
:008=\

:

The new printdef file after the conversion is like this

printer "CHRONOS"
autopage
width 264
height 66
return control (M)
after page control (L)
linefeed control (J)
code "bold off" esc "F"
code "bold on" esc "E"
code "underline off" esc "-\000"
code "underline on" esc "-\001"
code "001" \
code "002" \”
code "003" \¢
code "004" \£
code "005" \¤
code "006" \°
code "007" esc ""
code "008" \
-----------------------

When I run the report, the Report Background Engine (r30rbe32) states that the printdef file is not correct. It doesn“t recognize the slash character (\) in the codes 1 to 8.
The codes I need to put in this printdef are
code "001" = ascii code 160
code "002" = ascii code 161
code "003" = ascii code 162
code "004" = ascii code 163
code "005" = ascii code 164
code "006" = ascii code 176
code "007" = the escape character
code "008" = the carriage return

I use this codes in the "printer code before" and "printer code after" properties of the objects in my report layout. This report is used to print checks. The printer recognizes the ascii codes I listed above.
How can I accomplish this? Does someone has any clue? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dyrson

--
| Dyrson Rodrigues Alves Junior | Casa de Software                 |