Thanks for help and reasons for: URGENT!! FRM40508 error always.

From: <celia_xi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 01:14:29 GMT

Thank Sudip, Andy and Robert for your ideas about FRM40508.

I studied the forms carefully, it seems due to the following reasons:

  1. This forms has two blocks referred to the same base table. ( this forms was designed by others, and i am not sure why it takes this way.) I know it is better one block one base table. I emulate the same situation with block blk_emp1,and blk_emp2 based on emp table. But it does work when i insert new record. Maybe this is one reason.
  2. The base table is a synonym owned by PUBLIC. When i expand database objects in forms, this synonym never appear. Why the current user can't open a public synonym table? The public synonym is owned by public, but if you want to create block based on a public synonym, you should select other users including sysnoym in block wizard. This is maybe a reason.

I decide to create a new one based on database table directly, it takes time and energy. If you create block based on synonym, take care.

Anyway, thanks all helps from you.

Mike
fding_at_idirect.com