Re: JDeveloper 2: JBCL, INFOBUS, its all slow!

From: Chris <christophera_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 20:40:35 -0400

Thomas Viohl wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> we have the same experience, but not only slow but buggy. The JDeveloper 2
> is crushing every hour. Sometimes dialog windows do not appear correctly,
> buttons are disabled, you cannot close them and so on...
>
> Up to now we always say: Ok, its beta. But Oracle is a database company and
> everything with databases in JDeveloper is not or quite not running. We also
> use the JBuilder 2 and everything works fine.
>
> By the way: We have problem getting connection with the Thin JDBC Driver to
> a Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux. Do you know about that?
>
> - Thomas
>
> Chris <christophera_at_worldnet.att.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 372A3CBD.2CA2_at_worldnet.att.net...
> > After some exposure to JDeveloper 2, both the JBCL and Infobus database
> > aware widgets are slow as s*it. Its appalling. What are people doing
> > about this? Also, I'm wondering whether Oracle can bring a viable
> > product to market here. JDeveloper 2 is still in Beta, while Inprise is
> > moving on to JBuilder 3...
> >
> > Comments from anyone with experience...
> >
> > chris

Don't know about the LINUX thing, but what build of the BETA do you have? The one that came with the CD (180 something?) is buggy. We got build 300 something from Oracle. Less bugs, but memory leaks galore so you have to restart it every once ina while, even with 128MB ona PC... Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 02:40:35 CEST

Original text of this message