ProC installation problem on solaris

From: Thomas <thomasnkw_at_hknet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:43:15 +0800

Hi,

    I encountered a problem when installing the ProC precompiler on a solaris machine.

    The version of the oracle server installed is 7.3.3.x, after I run the "orainst" and went through all the steps until selecting the product on the cdrom to be installed onto the server, an error message appeared stating that "platform_common.vrf(0): File not found". I searched through the cdrom and found that there is only a file named
"platform.vrf" under "/ocommon/install/platform/", but I found
"platform_common.vrf" on the oracle server installed on the solaris
machine under "/ocommon/install/platform/". Does anyone kindly help me to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

Thomas Received on Sun Apr 25 1999 - 06:43:15 CEST

Original text of this message