Forms 5.0 Error Trapping

From: Ken Halsted <kenman_at_mail.snider.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:31:58 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was wondering how is the correct way to Trap errors in Forms 5. I know you can use an ON-ERROR trigger on the block involved, but in the trigger itself, how do you trap specific FRM-XXXX error messages.

I want to print a nice message box on the screen with a user-informative message instead of just seeing the normal Forms error. Also, how do I get a [Quoted] message box to appear. Usually I do something like the following:

IF ERROR_NUMBER = (WHATEVER) THEN
   MESSAGE('TESTING'); MESSAGE(' '); SYNCHRONIZE;    RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE; Is there a better way?

Ken.

--
Kenneth W. Halsted