Re: Is there a Pro C type Compiler available for LINUX,

From: Carl Alex Nielsen <can_at_gis.dk>
Date: 22 Apr 1999 13:14:37 GMT

Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_uswest.net> wrote in article <371F1D91.F5CFC958_at_uswest.net>...
> I believe the docs cite gcc and maybe g++.
>
> rr
>
> Eugene Katzman wrote:
>
> > Is there a Pro C compiler available that runs under LINUX.
> > e.katzman_at_stanleyassoc.com

Pro*C is a precompiler, that will allow you to use SQL and PL/SQL code in a c program.
Its an ORACLE product.

I have used it with Microsofts Visual C++ in Win95 and gcc in DG/UX.

If you are lucky you might be able to use a Pro*C for SCO UNIX, since ORACLE for SCO was rumored to be able to run on LINUX before ORACLE was released for LINUX.

--
Carl Alex Friis Nielsen

Love me - Take me as I think I am