Re: PL/SQL UTL_FILE vs OS File I/O

From: <markp7832_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:05:36 GMT

In article <7evvdp$b3q$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   ngvp_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> How does the UTL_FILE in Oracle's PL/SQL, compare in performance
> with the Operating Systems File I/O or Pro*C File I/O

I have read posts that pro*c is faster, but I do not think you will notice for small input or output files. You will probably have to run some tests to get an idea of when pro*c is definitely a better choice. Maybe an experienced user who has access to test results will post. -- Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice --