PL/Sql Catridge hangs in Web Server 3.0.1

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_bidbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:29:35 -0500

Hi guys,
  I could not find a discussion group to address issues specific to the Web Applications Server, so Iam writing them here.

Iam running Web Application Server 3.0.1 on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4.0 ( can't run OAS 4.0.7 with sp4).

Here is what happens. Sometimes, when invoking the Pl/Sql procedure , the Web Server just hangs. When I check the Task Manager,it shows that CPU utilization is 100% and that the process is sucking up memory. There is lot of paging and eventuallt the system goes real low on virtual memory. The procedure fails after 15 - 20 minutes that it ran out of memory. It almost looks like the PL/Sql procedure is in a loop. There is nothing wrong with the procedure as it runs find in Sql*Plus . It ran fine before and has no Looping constructs. I remeved all lines of logic from the procedure and has one statement htp.print and it still happens. All other packages are fine but just this one.

Thanks
Ven Kumar Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 06:29:35 CEST

Original text of this message