Problem with dynamic select statement

From: <arunal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 06:20:36 GMT

[Quoted] hi, I have peculiar problem. I have two forms in forms5.0. In the first form i will be building a select statement dynamically at run time. Even the where clause is built dynamically. Also the table names from which i will be retrieving the data will also be decided at run time. My problem is that i have to send this select statement to second form where i have to display the matching records. The second form to which i will be passing the select [Quoted] statement will have no base table blocks. It will have only one control block. My main problem is that since i will be passing the select statement [Quoted] as a global variable how do i execute the query in the control block.I don't know how to retrieve the records based on the select statement. My second problem and the biggest problem is that i have to display the selected records in a hierarchial fashion. Just for an eg i am giving the structure
[Quoted] union a  branch 1  station 1  10  station 2  5	total  15  branch 2  station
[Quoted] 3  2  station 4  12  total  14	total  29  union b  ...  total	...  25
total 165

I don't know how at all i can display in a hierarchial manner in forms 5.0. The no of records will always be variable.

I really don't know how to proceed with this.I am totally stuck up and i have to complete this in 1 week. Any help is greately appreciated. Thanks in advance

aruna l