Re: help with closing a cursor

From: GLucas4189 <glucas4189_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Apr 1999 21:22:59 GMT

Michael,

    If you would like to give more information I can perhaps help you out..It is not your cursor code that is the problem. It will be the initial select statement definition in the cursor and the subsequent processing in the loop.

Opening and closing cursors will not, I don't think be more efficient, in addition try to ensure your cursor definition only includes those rows which need processing, you could use the WHERE CURRENT of construct for updates and deletes ( or use ROWID )

Regards

Graham Lucas Received on Fri Apr 02 1999 - 23:22:59 CEST

Original text of this message