Re: Checkbox/Forms 5.0

From: Michael Myers <mjmyers_at_nospam.blazenet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:29:23 -0500

> I am trying to refer to the value of a checkbox in a trigger. From the
> debugger, I can see the values of the rest of my block items, but the
> checkbox shows nothing. I defaulted it to be checked, and it shows as such
> in run-time, but the value isn't there for my program. What gives? Thanks
> in advance! --Candy

If by 'defaulted to be checked', you meant that you set the 'Check box mapping of other values' property to 'checked', that might explain it.

If you want the value to be there, you should have 'Value when checked' set to one value, and 'Value when unchecked' set to another. Set the 'Initial value' property to match either the Checked or Unchecked value, and you will get that state when entering a new item.

After a query, you will get a checked box if the queried value matches the 'Value when checked', and an unchecked box if the queried value matches 'Value when unchecked'. If it is neither of these, then you will get the state specified by 'Checkbox mapping of other values'. The checkbox will not force the queried database data to match the checked or unchecked values though. You must do this yourself.

Does any of this help, or did I miss the question?

-Mike Received on Thu Apr 01 1999 - 04:29:23 CEST

Original text of this message