reports 3.0 running on multipule database

From: <bhimsingh_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 02:30:40 GMT

[Quoted] I am facing a problem in reports 3.0. We have two ( in future it can be more) database with same structure. Now the problem is that once reports compile with database 'X' can be run only with database 'X'. If we try to run it on database 'Y' it gives error 'Invalid string to retreive . Report can not be ececuted.'. To run report on database 'Y' we have to compile it with database 'Y' .We are calling reports from forms 5.0 on oracle 7.3.4. Once compile with database it runs fine. It looks that we have to compile reports with each database and keep seprate copies But this makes our task complicated.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bhimsingh wadhwa.
651-454 5907 (R)