Re: Forms4.5 MultiRecord Item Enabling Problem

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: 25 Mar 1999 03:33:23 GMT

Nilesh,

Adding a Post-Record trigger which sets the Property to False will prevent update of Reason on other lines. This will allow only a one-off ability to set the Reason - once you move off the record the ability to modify it will be lost. If you need to be able to navigate back to the record and modify Reason at any time before commit then I would also suggest a Pre-Record trigger to set the Property back to True, which will require some type of indicator, eg. record status or the use of a flag. Also, if enabling and disabling is visually inappropriate then consider having the item enabled all the time and use insert_allowed and/or update_allowed instead.

Nilesh_at_cheerful.com wrote in article <7db7n8$f0e$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> I forms 4.5, I am working on a multi record block. There is an item
> called QUANTITY, and another item called REASON.
>
> If the QUANTITY changes then the REASON must become required and enabled.
>
> I wrote a WHEN-VALIDATE_EVENT trigger on QUANTITY to set the required
> property and the enabled property. However, all the instances of the
REASON