Re: Bitmap Index

From: Sequel Solutions <akolkman_at_sequel.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:47:36 +0100

Dear Elaine,

The following statement builds a bitmap index for the GENDER column of the CUSTOMERS table, using parallel processing. The index is also built without logging, to further increase the performance of the index build:

CREATE BITMAP INDEX cust_gender
 ON customers (gender)
 PARALLEL (DEGREE 3)
 NOLOGGING; Sincerely,