Re: Error 12203- TNS -unable to establish connection

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:33:51 GMT

Hello,

  First, add shin to the SID LIST in your LISTENER.ORA file. You must restart the listener for the changes to take effect. If this still does not do the trick, doublecheck that the IP address corresponding to app_19_95w is really 192.168.98.12. Is the IP address for the machine w/Oracle Server 7.3.x fixed? If you put app_19_95w instead of 192.168.98.12 in your TNSNAMES.ORA file, can you resolve the IP? You can test this w/tnsping. Hope this helps.

Cary