Re: can i reference the :system variable from inside a package or common lib function?

From: <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:36:00 GMT

You can't reference form specific objects from inside of package, because package is stored in the database and know nothing about form itself. So you can't use built-ins either. You can pass value of :system (and any other) variable as a parameter. If you want to have common (used by different forms) code, procedures and functions, put them into .pll libraries. You can use built-ins and any form objects (:system, :global, :block...) in these libraries.