Developer Forms 5.0 FRM-41009 "Function key not allowed."

From: Mike Rainville <Michel_at_cc.mcgill.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:02:28 GMT

Greetings,

[Quoted]           re: FRM-41009 Function key is not allowed. Press Ctrl-F1 for a list of valid keys

             Can anyone help me localize this problem? Is there any way to determine the
"key function" or trigger that is causing it?

             It is definitely not associated with physically pressing any key, although it can
 happen soon after graphical buttons are pressed.

             Since I added INSERTS with immediate COMMIT in many places to
provide a detailed audit log for a security application, many errors are occurring
with the message .

Key occurrences:

  • When the application (Forms runtime, MDI or SDI ) gets focus in Windows 95
  • On minimize
  • Before an LOV window opens, EVEN if the RESTRICT yields a single item
  • At the start, when the application is first run
  • After KEY_EXIT, the red "X" on the standard toolbar to cancel and close

Thanks in advance,
Any hints appreciated.

Yours truly,
Mike Rainville
Montreal, QC, Canada Received on Fri Mar 12 1999 - 18:02:28 CET

Original text of this message