D2K V3 style referenced procedures in 4.5

From: Tim Kanuka <tim_at_oas.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:11:31 -0700

Yes, I know PL/SQL libraries are better but we are in a conversion effort...

We have been able to successfully convert all our library forms and blocks from V3 to V4.5. The blocks show up in the D2K Navigator with a little 'R' flag beside them and the property window shows appropriate reference info.

However, any referenced procedures do not show these flags. The only way you know that things might be ok is that the PL/SQL Editor shows the procedures with a 'Read Only' indicator in the status line and, indeed, you cannot change the procedure text.

So, now I want to reference another of my procedures stored in a library form. I open the form (stored in the database). I drag the procedure down to my application. I drop it. I want an alert box to ask me if I want to copy or reference this object. I do not get the alert box. I get a *copy*. I get no errors.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. (And I have reported this problem to Oracle Support with no response so far)

Tim Kanuka Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 06:11:31 CET

Original text of this message