Re: want to use dbms_session in personal oracle 7

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 21:54:34 GMT

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:35:20 +0800, "Brandon Lee" <brand_at_tm.net.my> wrote:

>hi anyone,
> is it possible to use the dbms_session package from within PO7? if so,
>how to enable it?

Sure it is possible. This package is defined in the %ORACLE_HOME%\DBMS7X\ADMIN\dbmsutil.sql (package declaration) and prvtutil.plb (package body, wrapped). Both of this files are called from catproc.sql, so it is very unlikely this package is not allready instaled on your server. In case someone dropped it after the instalation, connect as SYS with SQL*Plus or with svrmgr and run dbmsutil.sql and prvtutil.plb.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sat Mar 06 1999 - 22:54:34 CET

Original text of this message