Re: How to pass parameter to a default logon screen

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: 1 Mar 1999 03:11:28 GMT

Hi Damon.

I don't think you can fix the database instance.

Your options are:
1. Pre-set the default database. This is defined on a Win95 client by LOCAL (in regedit). Users then won't need to type a database instance if they only want the default, although they can still make a mess of it if they try.
2. Code your own Login Window. Add a form-level On-Logon that calls your own popup window to control the login process. Have a look at online help for Logon.
3. Perhaps some-one can tell you whether an upgrade to Forms 5.0 provides this functionality.

You could also try PowerSearch on http://www.dejanews.com/, or use the front-end supplied by http://hayden.home.mindspring.com/support.htm

Regards,
Neville Sweet.

Damon Nicholas Chong <so_excited_at_excite.com> wrote in article <7b7kkj$e49$1_at_mawar.singnet.com.sg>...