Strange Oracle Forms 4.5 Problem

From: The Master <master_at_24.64.14.21.ab.wave.home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:33:42 GMT

Hi, we are currently developing a medium sized application with Oracle 7.3.3 and Forms 4.5. All the client machines are running Windows 95. Up till now, all of the machines were running either Win95 4.50 or 4.50a and everything was running smoothly. Now, we brought in a couple new machines (Dell P2-450's w/128MB RAM, same network cards) that are running Win95 4.50b. SQL*Net clients and the Oracle support files for Win95 were installed on the machines the same way they were on the older machines. Our applic

ation is run from a Novell server.

The problem is that on the new machines Forms 4.5 Runtime randomly returns "Bad Chunk" errors. Oracle's tech notes and Forms messages says that the forms are either corrupt or they are 16 bit generated .fmx's. This is not the case because I tried regenerating them and they work on all the other machines. They load about 50% of the time on the new machines. When one fails it seems that the problem spreads across the application and many more forms fail. If I copy all the .fmx files locally and change the Fo

rms45_path to the local directory, the problem seems to disappear. Our network guys are adamant that it is not a network problem though. (It happens on both of the new machines). The only difference that I can see software-wise between the old and new systems are the versions of Windows and possibly FAT32. Are there any known problems running Forms 4.5 runtime on such machines?

Thanks

Peter Mah Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 16:33:42 CET

Original text of this message