Re: D2K 4.5 and 5.0 on same server ok?????

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:10:17 GMT

As long as the v4.5 stuff remains there, there should be no problems as each version has its own file names and/or directory locations..

It then become a 'memory' issue - not the PC but the developer's - you need to remember which version created the app/form/report so that you use the right one to modify it...4.5 stuff will not run under 5, and vice-versa...

Richard Hollingsworth <richard_at_unirex.com> wrote:

>Hi folks.
>
>We need to load D2K ver 5.0 on a server that is already running ver 4.5
>and several 4.5 apps.
>
>Will we cause any problems in doing this to the 4.5 apps?
>
>Any precautions we need to take before loading 5.0 on this server??
>
>Thanx much,
>
>Richard Hollingsworth
>
>PS. Please email reply to richard_at_unitex.com
>
>Thanx

[Quoted] To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Feb 18 1999 - 19:10:17 CET

Original text of this message