OEM error VOC-00121 ... Help?

From: <nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:40:37 GMT

Hello:

I'm having a bit of an issue with OEM 1.6, and was hoping someone could help out.

I have installed OEM 1.6 on an NT Server 4.0 box, with hopes of administering an 8.0.5 database on a remote Solaris 2.6 machine.

I have set up the agent, installed the repository, and can connect to and administer the database without problems when logged in as "Normal".

I set up the appropriate entry in the initSID.ora file (remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive), created said file using orapwd, connect ed to the database and granted SYSDBA to the appropriate schema (the one that owns the repository), and can connect via sqlplus specifying "as SYSDBA". However, when I try to log in via OEM specifying SYSDBA, it comes up with an error message as follows:

     VOC-00121: Failure updating or inserting a user detail entry
     ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The next step is for me to start tracing the error to see what table it's looking for, but I was hoping someone might be able to head me off at the pass, as it were.

Anyone know anything about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

...jeff

jeff grant, it manager, nettwerk productions http://www.nettwerk.com http://www.nettweb.com mailto:nettmaster_at_my-dejanews.com