Re: Uploading data into Oracle

From: Mike Rose <mmrose_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 06:37:59 GMT

The best tool for loading any Oracle database is SQL*Loader (Oracle Loader). There is a command line version of the program %Oracle_Home%\bin\Sqlldr80.exe or you my use Data Manager (%Oracle_Home%\BIN\VAD.EXE) which provides a GUI interface to IMP (Import), EXP (Export), and SQL*Loader (Oracle Loader). You would nominally setup a control file to handle either a fixed-length or a delimited data file. The Utilities Manual and Help files have a lot more information on this. Also Sqlldr80.exe /help=y list the parameters.

Mike Rose