Reports 2.5 DESTYPE question

From: <skronhei_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:42:11 GMT

[Quoted] I'm running Reports 2.5 under Windows 95, and I've got a bit of a dilemma.

I have a report developed in BITMAP mode, using Arial as the only font on the report. When I view the report using DESTYPE=SCREEN, it looks great on the screen, but when I print it from the previewer, I get a warning message about fonts being remapped for the printer, then the report prints fine on the printer. I understand that I must use DESTYPE=PREVIEW to get rid of the warning message (because of the difference between screen and printer fonts), but when I do that, the report looks pretty bad on the screen; specifically, many of the characters have the top pixel or so chopped off. Once again, the report looks fine when it is printed from the previewer using.

I have tried increasing the height of my fields and using a different font, but I always get the same results. Is there a way to get the best of both worlds, i.e., a preview mode that looks good on the screen but does not give a warning message when you print? My users will appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any help!