Calling a package procedure from SQLForms 3.0 gives ORA-6502 error (sometimes!)

From: Paul McCarthy <ccpmc_at_qe2-hsc.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:10:09 GMT

I have a strange problem trying to call a package procedure from a SQLForms 3.0 form. I am passing VARCHAR2 and one DATE parameter. This procedure is called when a certain function key is pressed in the form to perform a commit, but it is called before the commit_form.

I have seen cases where the user presses the commit for a record and gets this error: "ORA-6502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error", then wait for a bit (seconds) and try again and have it work! Without changing any data.

The database is 7.0.16 and PL/SQL 2.0.18 is that matters.

Has anybody seen this kind of behavior? Any enlightment (or even commiseration) would be greatly appreciated.

Paul McCarthy
ccpmc_at_qe2-hsc.ns.ca Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 19:10:09 CET

Original text of this message