Forms 5.0 and global variables

From: Ole Bredesen-Vestby <obv_at_ssb.no>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:45:12 GMT

In Forms 5.0:
[Quoted] At startup (WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE) I try to set some values into global variables.
  default_value('N','global.my_var');

The problem is, when I run the form in Debug mode and steps thrugh the code lines, the value are set, but when I run it in a normal mode the variable is not set. It seems that Forms just ignores the statement. The error I get when I try to use the variable is: "Vaialble global.my_var does not exists."

Why ?

[Quoted] In Visual Basic there are a command Do Events, thats allow windows to catch up.. Does anyone knows if Forms has a similar function-call ?

Has anyone else had this problem ?

  • Ole Bredesen-Vestby obv_at_ssb.no