Re: Grouping records in Forms 4.5

From: Mario Zgela <mario_at_hnb.hr>
Date: 19 Jan 1999 19:28:50 GMT

pygmyfish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <78091g$d8e$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Hi All,
> I'm working on a Master-Detail form (in forms 4.5) where only a portion
of the
> master's unique key is displayed. Any ideas on how I could group the
master's
> rows by this partial key?
> Thanks.

Hi!

I don't know if I understood you. If you want to group master records, you can create database view
with GROUP BY (or DISTINCT) clause and create block which "base table" will be that view.
Notice that you will not be able to change data in underlying block (view).

Hope this helps,

Mario Zgela Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 20:28:50 CET

Original text of this message