Bug in OO4O / package parameters

From: William B. Klein <wbklein_at_intprog.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:02:47 -0700

I am running OO4O 2.2 to connect to an Oracle 8.0 database under Win NT. I am attempting to use the Oracle Class Libraries. I am using DB parameters to retrieve character data through a package call. (e.g., AddParameter(param...); ExecuteSQL(package.procedure(param)), GetParameter(param))

The package has the parameter as OUT VARCHAR2.

When the string data returns from the call, it contains the correct information (about 10 characters) followed by 117 characters of garbage. In otherwords, the class library is padding the call to always be 128 characters. Unfortunately, it is padding the string with uninitialized memory.

An Oracle tech support person mentioned that the bug could be fixed by making the PL/SQL parameter read OUT VARCHAR2(10). Unfortunately, as some may know, this is invalid syntax. The Oracle tech claimed that he "tested" this fix.

Does anyone have any clue what he was talking about? Has anyone else run into this bug? help... Received on Tue Jan 19 1999 - 02:02:47 CET

Original text of this message