Problem connecting Crystal Reports to Oracle8

From: Dan Bikle <dbikle_at_rahul.net>
Date: 18 Jan 1999 22:48:15 GMT

Hi,

I'm having a Problem connecting Crystal Reports to Oracle8

I installed both the Oracle8 client and crystal reports on a win95 box from cdrom

Crystal offers a tool named "ODBC Data Source Administrator" among their group of programs

The tool is very simple to use.

First you pick a data source

I picked one named: CROR8 CR Oracle8

Next you pick a driver

I picked one named:
CR Oracle8 version 3.11.0000 INTERSOLV cror813.dll 7/16/98

Then win95 responds with:
"The setup routines for the CR oracle8 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157"

This looks like a simple os problem.

Unfortunately the os I'm familiar with is Solaris.

Please send clues.

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle/Independent Oracle Consultant bikle_at_bikle.com | 650/941-6276 | P.O. BOX AG LOS ALTOS CA 94023 http://www.bikle.com