Persistence in Oracle Packages

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:37:00 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I've got a couple of stored procedures (proc a and proc b) that I want to place in a single package. I want to call proc a, which will set some persistent variable x within the package, and exit. Then, later on, I want to call proc b, and I want proc b to have access to variable x. In other words, I want the variable x to be persistent while the package is in memory. Of course, anyone else who calls this package will have their own copy of the package.

Is this possible? How is it done? This means there must be some sort of constructor type method, right?

Thanks,
Salaam Yitbarek