Re: DBA Tool

From: OraSaurus <granaman_at_not_home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:46:14 GMT

In article <77mmdh$dss$1_at_remarQ.com>, "Zafer M. AKTAN" <zafer_at_redshift.com> wrote:
>Oracle Enterprise Manager (on NT) is a good one - I am using it on NT
>workstation and control my database which is on a unix box remotely.
>Regards
>Zafer
>
>Wagner da Silva Tavares wrote in message
><32C3C4C49093D211826900A0C9E5CC00067D73_at_texas.construtel-sti.com.br>...
>>Hi,
>>
>>Do you know a good administration tool??

I wouldn't call OEM much of a tool. I'm using Savant Q-Diagnostics for a diagnostic tool and roll-your-own scripts for monitoring. Am considering DB-Vision, but am still looking... It depends on what you want. There are diagnostics tools, monitoring tools, modeling tools, space management tools, ad infinitum. Make sure you know what you want before you go shopping.

  • OraSaurus --
  • Remove "not_" to reply... --