PO8 on NT - Net8 problems

From: Charles A. Christiansen, Jr. <charles_at_iconstructs.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:11:14 GMT

[Quoted] Hello all,

I'm running Personal Oracle 8 on NT 4.0 and I'm running into what's basically a showstopper of a problem. When I try to start the Net8 Easy Configuration utility, the N8SW.EXE program launches java.exe, which then proceeds to suck up all the CPU time on my machine, slowing everything to a near death crawl, and to top it all off, the utility never starts up. I've given it as long as 10 minutes to start up. I'm running on a P-II 400, with 128MB RAM. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, do you have a solution??

Charles A. Christiansen, Jr.
Software Engineer
Interactive Constructs, Inc.
charles_at_iconstructs.com