Re: calling stored procedures dynamically

From: Justin Stopforth <jstopforth_at_icon.co.za>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:54:59 GMT

Wouldn't it be possible to use the dbms package to call the 'execute' command? Something like:

cursor_name := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
DBMS_SQL.PARSE(cursor_name, 'execute '||v_procedure_name,DBMS_SQL.V7); ret := DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(cursor_name);
DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(cursor_name);

Anybody know if this would work?

ciao

justin

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:35:09 +0300, Emmanuel Uhunmwangho <uhemm_at_infotel.ru> wrote:

>Is it possible to call a stored procedure dynamically from a stored
>function. Like calling sql statements dynamically using the dbms_sql
>package.
>The problem is that I have a pl/sql block in forms5.0 which calls a
>procedure, but I cannot tell the name of the procedure to call until
>runtime.

Justin Stopforth
Cape Town, South Africa Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 10:54:59 CET

Original text of this message