Item _property (Enabled = No) grays out the item

From: Ramon Ramirez <ssa.rrh_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 13 Jan 1999 02:09:02 GMT

    Oracle Forms 5.0. Using the set_item_property to setup the enabled property to false grays out the font in the item at runtime.

    This is documented in the Forms Online help, but it is causing some problems with the users that complain because they cannot read the values inside the fields.

    The workaround about keeping the enabled property as true and changing instead the insert_allowed and update allowed to false will cause a big delay in the conversion process from 4.5 to 5.0.

    The use of display items will not work for me because based on data conditions some fields could become enabled to the users to allow them enter information.

    I would like to keep the original font color in the fields even after changing the enabled property to false.

    Does anybody knows if this change of color can be customized trough an oracle or windows configuration file? or how can I avoid this change of color to happen?

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Ramon Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 03:09:02 CET

Original text of this message