Re: SQL*Loader

From: Nuno Guerreiro <nuno-v-guerreiro_at_invalid.telecom.pt>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:40:24 GMT

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:53:04 GMT, Grzegorz Goldian <gold_at_digest.com.pl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>In my database which I must load into Oracle dates are stored as
>compressed to 4-byte 6-digit numeric fields.
>Is it possible to tell SQL*Loader, that "this field is decimal packed
>and represents date in format YYDDMM" ?
>
>thanks,
>
>Grzegorz Goldian, gold_at_digest.com.pl, Grzegorz_Goldian_at_readersdigest.com

You can use SQL functions to transform the column values in the data file. You should define your field to be of type char, for example and then immediately after it write the following (including the double quotes): "to_date(:field,'YYDDMM')"

I haven't tried exactly this situation, but I've used similar ones, so do some testing before putting it into production.

Good Luck,

Nuno Guerreiro

As I don't normally appreciate unsolicited commercial e-mail (widely known as SPAM), I encoded my e-mail address. If you want to reply by e-mail, please remove the text added to fool spam software

"The art of arts, the glory of expression and the sunshine that lights the light of letters  is simplicity"

                                                        Walt Whitman Received on Mon Jan 11 1999 - 11:40:24 CET

Original text of this message