Re: RUN_PRODUCT with Developer2000/ R2.0 & R2.1

From: Herman Viaene <herman.viaene_at_alcatel.be>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:57:19 +0100

I give hereafter the answer I got from Oracle Technical Support, I took option 3

 Workaround 1

Replace the first NULL call with TO_CHAR(NULL):

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'empreport', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, TO_CHAR(NULL), NULL); This converts the datatype of the sixth argument to VARCHAR2, which tells Oracle Forms to expect a parameter list name.

Workaround 2

Declare an empty parameter list, and reference this in the RUN_PRODUCT call:
DECLARE
p_id ParamList;
BEGIN
RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'empreport', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, p_id, NULL;
END; Workaround 3

Use '', instead of NULL:

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'empreport', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, '', NULL); The sixth argument is an empty string; hence, it is of datatype VARCHAR2, which tells Oracle Forms to expect a parameter list name.

End quote

ingenio_at_cyberus.ca wrote: (snipped)

-

  • A L C A T E L B E L L S P A C E & D E F E N S E ******* Herman Viaene Berkenrodelei 33, B-2660 Hoboken, Belgium Tel: (32/3)8295591 Fax: (32/3)8295502 OIS-mail: viaeneh_at_AM_at_BTMA97 Internet-mail: viaeneh_at_btmaa.bel.alcatel.be X400: Viaene Herman (C=BE,A=RTT,P=ALCANET,OU1=BELA1,O=ALCATEL, S="Viaene",G="Herman")