starting windows-programs from forms 4.5

From: Afdeling ISA <isa_at_europeesche.nl>
Date: 5 Jan 1999 17:04:16 GMT

Because of the fact that our user help-files are now in HTML-format, I am implementing changes to the forms library template to be able to launch internet explorer with a certain URL whenever F1 is pressed. I have a well working solution using a function in d2ktutil.pll. However, in my solution everytime F1 is pressed a new explorer session is launched.
What i am looking for is a solution where a running explorer-session is detected and feeded with a new URL.
This solution could also be useful for other applications to start from a form.

Has anyone a good (= simple) solution to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Willem Kuijk

email: isa_at_europeesche.nl Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 18:04:16 CET

Original text of this message