Oracle Financials - GL, AP & AR

From: Varun Bhandari <renushel_at_mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:09:43 +0800

We are implementing Oracle Financials - GL , Ap & AR in a manufacturing unit. The release is ver 11. I have a few questions :
  1. As we have not purchased cash management module , can we pass enteries relating to payments ( viz. salaries , rent , etc.) in the GL directly.

Rent a/c debit

Bank a/c credit

2. How does one pass enteries relating to receipts from debtors? Is the entry passed in AR and GL onl;y ?

3. Can I use GL journals for passing other enteries such as:

Deprecaition adjustment , provisions for expenses and tax

Look forward to inputs

S Bhandari Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 13:09:43 CET

Original text of this message