Help - problem passing dynamic parameter, embedded blank

From: <vmcguire_at_winstar.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:40:18 GMT

[Quoted] I am using Oracle Forms as a front end replacement for the Parameter Form in Oracle Reports. I am creating and passing a prameter list, and all of that is going well. The problem occurs when I create a dynamic where clause in Forms, and then pass it to Reports. The following is OK: "where A.B = C.D and C.D = E.F (+) and E.F = 'NoneNone'" The following is NOT OK: "where A.B = C.D and C.D = E.F (+) and E.F = 'None None'". Having blanks in the where clause itself is fine, but when there is a blank in the value portion (within single quotes), then run_product doesn't run, and just passes through to the next line in the code. I'm trying a workaround of changing blanks to _at_@ and then passing them to Reports and then parsing out the _at_@ to a single blank. However, this is fairly intensive involving a user-exit and C++ (fun, but is it my only option?) Does anyone know any other workarounds? Is there a way to signal Forms that this is a blank with some sort of escape sequence? I've called Oracle support and this is how far I've gotten. Thank you!