Re: Scanning and Oracle

From: Dolf-Jan Mulder <DJMulder_at_Advantage.nl>
Date: 1998/12/20

[Quoted] Hai Paul,

Thanks for your respons. We want to scan images an we don't want to make use [Quoted] of OCR. I prefer to store the images into the database in the Adobe PDF-format. The volumes are limited. About 5.000 pages/year. My problem is to call the scanning program, like Adobe Acrobat, from Forms. Maybe you have [Quoted] some sample coding for me. The second step is actually storing the informastie into the database. I would like a proces where the user doesn't have to do a lot of handling. So in Forms a button for scanning the document [Quoted] and a button for storing it into the database.

Dolf-Jan Mulder