Re: Oracle8 vs. MS Access

From: Wolfram Rösler <GRP-AACHEN_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/12/17

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 00:01:43 GMT, Rob Cowitz <cowitz_at_cal.montage.ca> wrote:

>3) "All records" or "pessimistic" locking - all records in an opened
>datasheet (which can include other tables if it is a multi-table query)
>are locked. Very restrictive, but safer for data integrity.

I think that's the point. There is no such thing as "safer" for crucial topics like data integrity imho - either something is safe, or it's not. If the other locking mechanisms are less safe, then they are unsafe, which means they are generally unusable.

Regards
W. Rösler

GRP Entwicklungs- und Vertriebsgesellschaft
für Produktionsdatenerfassungsanlagen mbH        Wolfram Rösler
Kackertstraße 8                                  mailto:wr_at_grp.de
D-52072 Aachen                                   Tel. 0241-88930-17
http://www.grp.de                                Fax  0241-870787