Launch Windows Program within Forms

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:21:02 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anybody know how I can launch a program within FORMS 5.0. All I have
is a filename. (i.e. mydoc.doc should launch the registered application with the
extension .doc {WinWord, WP?})

I don't know which program is registered to this extension nor do I know the place
where the program is located. I have tried HOST & WinExec without success. It appears
that you must explicitly launch the required application with the data file as a parameter.
It seems that their should be a way to use some sort of API interface into Win95 to simply
launch the file and let Win95 figure out what app to use.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Ed Jennings

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"