Re: Send SMTP Mail with Oracle Form 4.5

From: Chad Edwards <cedwards_at_infinet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 23:54:44 GMT

I'm still trying to get either of those to work with Groupwise. <G>

There's some okay docs on both of these on technet, but unfortunately, neither of them worked for me.

I'm in the process now of putting together a pro-c program for use with a dbms pipe to send mail using sendmail on a unix box.

Chad

Jochen Van den Bossche (Jochen.Van-Den-Bossche_at_eurocontrol.be) wrote:
: Steve Lai wrote:
: >
: > Hi!
: >
: > Does anyone have an idea on how to send SMTP mail by pressing a button
: > from Form 4.5 (add code in WHEN-BUTTON-PRESS trigger)? Any third party
: > tools required?
: >
: > Thanks for any response in advance!
: >
: > Steve Lai

: If you are in Windows, you can try OLE (or is it DDE?) to M$-mail or
: Outlook or something like that.

: I have read something about in on a Support Notes CD-Rom from Oracle.
: I think that all these articles can be found on one of Oracles websites
: too. Try a search on OLE + Mail.

: If you are not in Window$, sorry...

http://www.infinet.com/~cedwards

Official home of RMBL! http://rmbl.ml.org
E-mail Don Ferry (DONFERRY_at_PRODIGY.NET) to be put on the waiting list.
Owner/GM/Manager of the Columbus Capitals