Reconnect in Forms

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:49:59 -0500

I have an application with a main menu that contains buttons to access administrative functions for the application. I control access via roles that are read during startup. There is a need to give temporary access to non-admin users on as needed basis (i.e. primary admin person sick, on leave, etc...). The primary admin wants to be able to grant access to these admin function via the use of a changeable password.

Can this be done by disconnecting/reconnecting with a different/temporary login id? How can I force this person to disconnect before being allowed to perform their normal functions? Is there a better way to grant access to these features?

Keep in mind, Forms is only part of the problem. With their normal userid & password, they do not have privileges at the database level to perform most of the functions they will need to perform. They will almost certainly need to re-logon somehow.

TIA Ed

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"